In August of 2007, the Williamson County Comprehensive Land Use Plan identified four Villages which would undergo individual studies, known as a Special Area Plans. These plans seek to provide a more specified focus on each of the defined Villages.
Though the Villages identified in Williamson County are distinctive from one another, they all share the following similarities:
- Broader mix of uses than other areas;
- Compact development pattern;
- Crossroad community of historical significance;
- Limited infrastructure; and
- Located in areas with increased growth pressure.
As outlined in the Comprehensive Land Use Plan, the four Villages are identified as:
Information pertaining to each plan can be accessed via the menu located at the side of the screen.
Any questions regarding the Special Area Plans should be submitted to the Williamson County Planning Department at 615-790-5725.