Electronic Plan Submittal & Review Information
Electronic Plan Review Information
Williamson County utilizes an Electronic Plan Review system (alternately known as idt). The types of projects that can be submitted through this system include:
- Concept Plan
- Preliminary Plat
- Final Plat
- Minor Plats
- Plan Revisions
- Site Plans
- Site Plans for Nontraditional Wastewater Systems
- Site Plans for Special Use
- Zoning Inquires
- Driveway Permits
- Change of Use or Tenant Requests
- Home Occupation Requests
- Special Event Permits
- Floodplain Development Permits
- Retaining Wall Permits
- Land Disturbance Permits
- Construction Plans for Major Subdivisions
- New Soil Map/Soil Map Reassessments
- Subsurface Sewage Disposal Location Maps
- Nonresidential Septic System Design Review
- Residential Septic System Design Review
- Educational Impact Fee
- Privilege Tax
- Residential Building Permit
- Nonresidential Building Permit
If you do not see your project type, need clarification or are uncertain of how to submit your project, please contact us at 615-790-5725.
Steps for submitting a project using Williamson County’s electronic plan review system
- Please visit https://williamson.idtplans.com/secure
- In the upper right corner you have the option to Register or Sign In.
- Once logged in, please provide information regarding the project type by selecting from the drop down list provided, and continue through the next few screens providing information.
- Upload all project documents as required by the checklist provided. If you need to invite additional consultants to upload documents on behalf of the project, please save the project and come back to it once you have confirmed all documents from these sources have been uploaded. Failure to do so will prohibit any additional uploads.
- Confirm and submit your project.
- Fees can be paid online, or at our offices at The Williamson County Administrative Complex, 1320 West Main Street, Suite 400, in Franklin.
- After submission, you will review notice via email whether the project has been accepted or denied. If denied, you will receive an email with the cause of denial and the action needed to correct. If accepted, you will receive a notice it is under review and you will be notified when the review is complete.
- When you receive the notice the review has been completed it will direct you to either corrections needed or project approved and fees can be paid online or by appointment only at our office located at 1320 West Main Street, Suite 400 in Franklin.
Emails will be sent at every stage of the review process from email@example.com. Please add this email to your approved list of emails to avoid issues relating to spam filters.
If any problems are encountered, you can use the “support” button located at the bottom for the Electronic Plan Review homepage, or contact Intake Support at 615-790-5725.
Tutorials are available at the following: