Planning & Zoning
March 20, 2020
- For information and instructions on how to submit plans please follow the link to the IDT Plan & Review System
Zoning Inquiry online now.
The Planning Department is dedicated to fostering quality growth and development throughout the unincorporated areas of Williamson County.
The department strives to provide sound and professional land use guidance as well as quality customer services as it interacts with policy makers, various boards and commissions, the development community, and the general public regarding land use and development issues.
Our primary responsibility is to implement the provisions of the:
- Community Development Report
- Comprehensive Plan
- Subdivision Regulations
- Zoning Ordinance
- Major Thoroughfare Plan Update
In addition, the department is also responsible for reviewing development proposals, providing guidance to the development community and general public, providing technical assistance to the County, Planning, and Highway commissions, and preparing long-range plans and other planning-related documents, as needed.
Please use the links on the left-hand side of the screen to access information related to Zoning Amendments, Special Area Plans, Planning Projects, and other helpful information related to the Planning Department.
Would You Like to Know More?
Information regarding the adopted Grassland Village Special Area Plan and the proposed development (zoning) standards can be found by following the link located on the left hand side of the screen titled Regulations and Plans, or by clicking the links below:
- Grassland Village Special Area Plan
- Grassland Village Proposed Development (Zoning) Standards (summary version)
- Grassland Village Proposed Development (Zoning) Standards (full version)