Register of Deeds
Starting Monday, June 1
Daily Recording procedures for Public (8:00am – 4:30pm)
Recording Monday-Friday the following ways,
- Accepting documents from UPS, Fed-Ex, mail and electronic filing daily.
- Monday-Friday in person by appointment. Call our office to schedule
- Monday-Friday in Dropbox located at the Williamson County Administrative Complex will be recorded daily. Please do the following.
a. Place documents in a sealed envelope.
b. Write on the envelope the contact person’s name and number and time of drop off.
c. Call (615) 790-5706 with instructions or questions.
All documents received by 4:30 pm will be recorded that day. Any documents received after 4:30 pm will be recorded the following morning.
We will update these procedures as necessary. Please continue to check our site for updates. Thank you for your patience during this time.
The primary and most most important function of the Register's Office is the filing or recording of instruments that affect the legal status of real and personal property.
The register also collects some revenue and may record or file powers of attorney and some official instruments (such as county official bonds and certain official reports). Read more about the history of the Register of Deeds Office.
Defining Real Property
Real property includes:
- Court decrees
- Financing statements (fixture filings under the Uniform Commercial Code)
- Mortgages (deeds of trust)
Defining Personal Property
Personal property include financing statements under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and instruments relating to financing statements, such as:
- Continuation statements
- Termination statements